My parents are in town at the moment, which is great fun. Yesterday, we set off for the lovely coastal town of Brighton. It’s full of winding lanes with gorgeous independent shops that make me want to take everything home.
Here are some of my favourites:
- Utility Great Britain for great enamelware (see photos above), old school brushes and soaps, and quality household cloths.
- Workshop Living with its clean design of zinc pots, creamy cotton and pastel crockery (see Instagram photos below).
- Posh Totty for gorgeous jewellery, and surprisingly, the three vases in the photos at the top that I could not resist. You know it’s love when you’ve walked all the way back down to the beach, only to start looking up whether they have an online shop…
- Bert’s Homestore for anything kitchen and home related. Also the source of the cute garden twine in the pictures above.
- England at Home is full of things you don’t really need, but want all the same, from witty mugs to vintage looking phones.
It’s a good thing the thought of carrying heavy things around all day prevented me from buying more. It’s only an hour’s travel from London, so I could be tempted again!